AVCA – Violence in Childhood and Adolescence: Assessment, Prevention and Overcoming – Positive Psychology Approach
Start date: 03 December 2018
Duration: 24 months
- National Association Of Professionals Working With Disabled People, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- ZAMS – Zavod Antona Martina Slomska, Maribor, Slovenia
- Directorate of secondary education, Karditsa, Greece
- VIBSO Waregem, Waregem, Belgium
- PhoenixKM, Kortemark, Belgium
Aims and objectives
- Develop prevention programme for violence:
- To protect from violence via changing the value of the other.
- To disclose risk factors and paths of development of different types and possible preventive pathways of violence in childhood and adolescence.
- To create online/mobile assessment tool for professionals to detect risks factors related to violence.
- To make age-relevant prevention programes (different age groups require different prevention approach/methodology) 3-6 (pre-school), 7-12 (school), 13-18 years (youth).
- To create online/mobile resource portal for professionals with exercises, training courses, case studies, prevention exercises and activities to be used in group with students.
- Professionals working with youngsters with deviant behavior
- School psychologists
- School counsellors
- Students (7-18 years old)
- Their parents
- Educational authorities
- Wider society
- Online/mobile portal “Centre for the prevention of violence in school environment” (for professionals working with students with violent behavior or tendencies) + Online/mobile tool to assess the student’s exposure to violence
- Handbook “Protective and risk factors of development of different types and possible prevention towards violence”
- Exploitation and mainstreaming event