AI TOP (2020-2023)
AI TOP – An AI Tool to Predict Engagement and ‘Meltdown’ Events in Students with Autism
Start date: 1 September 2020
Duration: 36 months
- The Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
- Nottingham City Council, United Kingdom
- SoftQNR, Serbia
- Dieyfthynsi Deyterovathmias Ekpaideysis N. Karditsas, Greece
- PhoenixKM BVBA, Belgium
- National Association Of Professionals Working With Disabled People, Bulgaria
- SU Paisii Hilendarski, Bulgaria
Aims and objectives
- Provide personalised learning pathways and support according to the specific needs of each child with autism.
- Improve the understanding of autism both within school, and in the wider community.
- Provide a learning environment free of emotional trauma.
- Increase the likelihood that students with autism will make the academic and social progress that they should.
- Decrease incidents of challenging behaviour, leading to improved mental wellbeing of individual students, and decreasing instances of absenteeism and bullying.
- Improve access to teaching of academic, independent living, adaptive behaviours and social skills.
- Help prevent secondary consequences of their difficulties such as anxiety disorders and depression.
- teaching assistants
- special education needs coordinators in mainstream education
- inclusive settings and special educational settings.
- students with ASC and their families
- Online searchable Database
- Transferred Mobile Engagement and Meltdown Measurement App
- Optimisation of autism meltdown framework
- Handbook for Teachers and Parents
- Pedagogical Framework for children with autism